Tuesday, September 13, 2011

3 Years

Three years ago, I said goodbye to my big brother Steve. His dying hand kept my living hand warm as he took his last breath; this I will never forget. His life was filled with much joy and much sorrow. Avlynne never got to meet her Uncle, who would have been absolutely in love with her, however just the other day she started taking interest in this collage of pictures, made by my sister, hanging in our kitchen.

It's like she just knew her Mama needed to take a moment to pause and remember; and tell her about her Uncle Steve. I miss him deeply but we feel honored to get to keep loving on his girls in the ways in which he is no longer able.



1 comment:

  1. it's a blessing you get to love the girls and share with them great stories of their daddy, and to also tell them to Avlynne! You are a wonderful sister, auntie, and mama (and friend and wife, too!). Love you!

    ReplyDelete