Sunday, September 12, 2010

The Other Lake

Back in August KJ, Avlynne and I had the privilege of spending one night at Lake Pend Oreille with my parents and my nieces, Ali-Ray and Sophia. My parents rented a condo at Pend Oreille Shores Resort where we used to own a time-share condo when I was in elementary school. Just like I loved getting to share Priest Lake with KJ and Av, I loved getting to share this special place with them too as well as my nieces. Some of my favorite things about the "condo" include:

-listening to people walk on the boardwalks
-the train that passes by and whistles every night at 9 pm
-huckleberry picking and huckleberry pudding cake
-being the 1st person to "I spy" the condo & then getting to be the 1st one to open the door
-taking baths in the "big" tub in my parent's room

We could only stay for less than 24 hours this time however we managed to accomplish each of these memories to some extent or another (we didn't pick huckleberrys but I did have some jam on my bagel and it was Av's turn to take the bath in the "big" tub). We also created some new memories:

-Avlynne went swimming for the 2nd time and got to swim with her cousins
-KJ began to teach Av how to play basketball, as well as Ali-Ray
-I did a Fancy Nancy puzzle several times with my nieces
-We told lots of Daddy Steve stories to my nieces about what he was like as a teenage boy at the Lake
-Sophia did Grandpa Doug's hair
-We watched several episodes of the Cosby Show


Ali-Ray & Grandma Sharon



Mama and her Baby Girl (repin' her Malibu onsie)


Sophia and the "Amazing Grandpa Hair-do"




Learning good form at a young age


Swivel chairs are the best!


1 comment:

  1. You know Pend O'reille is one of my ALL-TIME favorite places too. I was smiling just reading about it!

    ReplyDelete